Hurricane Harvey Relief
Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast as a Category 4 storm on Friday, August 25. Damage from the storm and subsequent flooding is widespread. It will take months, and in some areas years, to restore Houston to its former state. Here are some ways that you can get involved in the relief efforts.
- Donate to the North American Mission Board’s relief fund here. HRF has already given a donation on behalf of our church.
- Pray for the storm to abate and floodwaters to recede. Even the wind and the sea are obedient to our Lord (Mark 4:41).
- Pray for the people who have had to evacuate their homes, especially those with nowhere to go. Pray for those unable to evacuate, who are stranded in their homes. Ask for the Lord’s provision for these people.
- Pray for the first responders, National Guard, disaster relief volunteers and all others working to rescue those who are stranded, restore power to those without it, render aid to the injured and prevent as much damage as possible. Ask for safety and endurance for these men and women.
- Pray for the grieving, those who have lost loved ones or suffered injuries, and those who have lost their homes. Ask the Lord to be their comfort and strength through the upcoming days, weeks and months.
- Volunteer with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention. SBTC predicts that response teams will continue to work over the next 8 – 12 weeks.